BANISH STRESS FROM THE BEDROOM
AND MAKE SEX FUN AGAIN!
Want an amazing, satisfying sex life? Renowned urologist Dudley Danoff, MD, knows tried-and-true ways to empower the penis to reach true sexual satisfaction.
In his latest book, Penis Power: The Ultimate Guide to Male Sexual Health, Dr. Danoff shares the complexity and mystery of the male anatomy; addresses the fears, fiction, and fantasies of men and women alike; and alleviates the shame, curiosity, and misinformation so many of us have, replacing them with knowledge, pride, and self-confidence.
Dispelling locker-room myths about performance and size, Dr. Danoff entices us to read further about the penis and its master, the brain—where all fantasies and anticipation begin and where our innermost desires run free. According to Dr. Danoff, “Penis power is 1% between the legs and 99% between the ears.” It’s rare that an organic condition causes a man’s inability to perform, so delight in knowing that sex is an equal opportunity benefit offered to all! Who knew?
So in what areas do men need to increase their knowledge to have a more satisfying sex life?
- UNDERINFORMED, MISINFORMED, REPRESSED: Even reputable, well-trained doctors may be shy or need more education about discussing sensitive sexual issues. It’s time to confidently address the majestic penis in social company, especially with our partners. After all, it has powers akin to Houdini and beyond! Why deny ourselves conversation about achieving enviable, passionate penis power?
- SEX AND THE BRAIN: A WINNING COLLABORATION: The brain has everything to do with our sexual history. How we think of ourselves matters—if you feel healthy, capable, and frisky, there’s no reason sex can’t go on to an indefinite age. Sexual experiences can even be enhanced with aging, as years of experience and understanding our mate’s needs are well-honed. Dr. Danoff reminds us, “You do not stop having sex because you get old; you get old becauseyou stop having sex.”
- SSSSHHHHH! TALK ABOUT THE PENIS? Many patients still refer to the penis in a whisper, as if mentioning it is disgraceful. Like a disassociated part of our anatomy, anything involving penile health and performance is so fragile a topic, we hesitate to discuss it openly. We prefer denying ourselves pleasure to discussing a delicate and embarrassing issue. Everyone’s heard the story about the “friend” who had a problem staying hard. Get real, and be straight with your doctor and yourself.
- ROMANCE AND INTIMACY: Never discount the value of a hug, a touch, warm breath on the skin, or scents as ardent stimulators. Intimacy and gratifying sex involve so much more than the sexual act itself.
- COMMUNICATION: Though timing is key, TALKING will become your close friend in the bedroom. Sharing fears, fantasies, expectations, and erogenous zones makes the journey sweeter. After all, sex is a two-way street between consenting adults.
- THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT PENIS POWER: Remember, most people exaggerate about their sexual prowess. Men are particularly competitive and defensive when it comes to talking about their “package.” All that matters is your and your partner’s satisfaction—if it feels good, be happy and grateful.
“Do not lose faith in your ability to improve your sexuality,” says Dr. Danoff. Words to live and love by.
For more information, for a copy of Penis Power: The Ultimate Guide to Male Sexual Health, or to interview the author, please contact Mary Ellen Gross, 858-456-0707,firstname.lastname@example.org.